3scale’s New API Management Offering Provides Enterprises With Best-in-Class API Management Solution for Both On-Premise and Cloud Operations
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – 3scale (www.3scale.net), the fastest growing provider of SaaS API Management solutions and services, today announced the launch of a new open source API proxy providing enterprises with high performance on premise and cloud API traffic management.
Built on the highly acclaimed NGINX Web Server technology, the new 3scale open source API Proxy combined with 3scale’s out-of-the box API Management solution satisfies the pressing business and technical needs of API providers to:
- Easily (and securely) open and manage APIs,
- Launch APIs with the fastest time-to-market,
- Keep control on their API architecture and,
- Use proven technologies in the most demanding production environments.
“With the new 3scale open source API proxy it has never been easier for companies to open and manage APIs. No programming skills are required to get started,” said Guillaume Balas, 3scale’s CMO. “An API integration with 3scale API Management takes less than 5 minutes: it is as simple as entering the URL of the API endpoint and defining mapping rules via the graphical interface. No complex details, unless wanted, just point, click and enable full features to manage, control and monitor your API that more than 130 companies already trust.”
3scale’s new management platform for API and web service providers allows enterprises at any stage of API deployment to fuel business development, affiliate programs, cross-organizational and external innovation via partners, developers or employees.
3scale’s complete API Management solution enables API providers to handle the full range of API management tasks out-of-the-box:
- API Business Modeling (service contracts, API rate Limits and pricing rules)
- API Access Control & Security (API key generation with user id, app id, oAuth)
- API Analytics & Reporting (alerts, statistics, business intelligence)
- API Billing & Payment (pre-paid, post-paid, PCI compliant, 6 payment gateways)
- Developer Portal for self-service registration and onboarding (fully customizable)
- Interactive API Documentation for better adoption (based on the Swagger)
- Suite of Management APIs to fully integrate with your IT environment
- Developer outreach (more than 70K developers connect to 3scale)
- Enterprise grade customer support and SLA (Above Five 9’s)
The NGINX basis for the proxy means for API providers an end to reliance on proprietary closed solution and further can leverage the large library of 3rd party plugins and modules available for NGINX. 3scale’s open source API proxy is the first true alternative to the expensive proprietary proxies. Instead of reinventing the wheel, the solution uses existing technology that has been proven in highly demanding production environments.
“As of today this makes 3scale the API Management solution provider with the richest and most flexible set of technical options to manage API traffic,” said Guillaume Balas, 3scale CMO. “At 3scale we want companies with great and valuable APIs to be able to distribute them easily, rapidly, without hampering the economics of their API project and without disrupting their existing infrastructure: this what 3scale’s API Management solution provides.”
3scale works closely with customer tech- and business teams to provide optimal solutions for their needs and to help maximize the impact and reach of their API among developers and business partners. For more information about 3scale’s API Proxy, please visit www.3scale.net or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3scale is one of the world’s leading providers of SaaS API Management solution enabling companies to distribute, operate, manage and monetize their APIs. 3scale’s API Management solution helps API providers to maximize value from their APIs and to drive better results.
3scale’s unique suite of services gives API providers unprecedented control, and visibility on API distribution and usage.
3scale powers 130 APIs from Startups to Fortune500 companies and has over 70,000 developers writing applications using these APIs.