Creating a good experience for your developers is must have for your API. To make this easier we’ve been working hard to update the out-of-box developer portals available automatically in the 3scale system. The new release is now live and available in new accounts created from now on. The portals now come with:
- Updated styles and look and feel so you can get rolling quickly
- Responsive design and built in toolbars to quickly change colors and feel
- Powerful Tag System to control the user experience
- Automatic Example active documentation to explore your APIs
Get up and running quickly
The biggest change is putting in place nicer initial styles so you can get up and running quickly. These styles cover the developer portal homepage as well as internal views such as key access and messaging.
Swagger powered Active Documentation out of the Box
3scale has supported Swagger based active documentation since last year. The new updates now adds an example file in right out of the gate to so you can get a feel how it works and get your own documentation set up more quickly.
Customizing your portal
Once you have your initial portal set you can take advantage of all the existing customization features available:
- Full HTML Flexibility
- Active tags to shape the user experience
- Multiple signup workflows and access to configuring policy sets.
To get access to the new portals, create a new account at https://www.3scale.net/. The new styles do not apply to previous accounts, so if you’re existing user and wan to use the new styles let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know what we can do.