The second day of the CloudExpo Europe taking in place in Prague the 21st and 22nd of June, Steven Willmott, the CEO of 3scale, made a presentation on APIs and their importance for Cloud Computing.
The key highlights of this keynote are:
- Cloud Computing pushes to the “hyper integration” of the Web and the enabling of key platform to emerge (e.g. the new SkypeKit)…. But not only for computing power
- Cloud Computing and its different elements fit into an MVC “Cloud Edition” framework thanks to APIs
- APIs enable Cloud Scale MVC
- You need to become indispensable in the Value Chain otherwise someone may eat your lunch
- APIs are key to become indispensable but need to be managed
or “how to pick the right Glue and not come unstuck”
Cloud computing has rapidly moved beyond the idea of “infrastructure on demand” to encompass a much broader idea of moving data and functionality from private closed systems to shared infrastructures. This change creates huge new opportunities for companies to reinvent the way their data and services can be used by providing accessible APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) directly into their core systems.
In his session at the Cloud Expo, Steven Willmott, the CEO of 3scale, will cover how APIs are transforming business in areas such as media content, ecommerce and business services as well as how the right technical underpinnings to public APIs can make all the difference between success and failure. He will also provide plenty of real life examples from 3scale’s experience in the API infrastructure business.
For more information p…