We’ve recently revamped our notification system – the part of the admin portal that sends messages to your team members, alerting them on things that happen with your API program, like a new signup to access your API, or a plan change request – all with the goal of providing better out-of-the-box notifications. (Not to mention helping to keep your inbox clear.)
How is it better?
- Un-clutter your inbox! Individually subscribe to notifications to avoid receiving undesired mail. Now, all admins and members can have different subscriptions.
- As an admin, you can also now control the notifications to which your team members can subscribe.
- Better email templates: We analyzed the type of information that customers include in notifications and used the data to improve the language and added new fields in the templates*.
- New templates: We’ve also added a couple of new notifications for when a customer downgrades to a lower plan, and for when a custom…
3scale is all about helping you manage your APIs securely and flexibly. For those of you who have multiple APIs managed by different teams, we have good news. Keep reading to learn more about the new rights by service feature (available on Enterprise-level accounts only).
Assign permissions to members by service
Up until now you could give members access to specific features within the 3scale Admin Portal. For instance, you could assign access to billing and invoicing (and nothing else) to a member of your finance department. Now, you can also assign access rights to members for one or more specific services, allowing different teams to have completely independent access to different APIs.
Individually subscribe to notifications
Service-based segmentation is also important when it comes to notification settings. As a provider on 3scale, you can get notifications about almost everything that happens in your instance: a new account, a customer who downgrades, a new applicati…
Nowadays APIs are a critical asset for any company to drive customer acquisition, retention, and revenue. Having a general overview of how your API program is doing and being able to drill down on specific elements is essential for maximizing the success of your API. Analyzing trends and spotting anomalies quickly will help you be proactive and bring your API to the next level.
We have revamped our Admin Portal Dashboard with enhanced metrics to give you better insight into developer engagement, possible opportunities, and action required. Now from one single place, at a glance, you’ll be able to see:
- Daily Signups: A graphic display of daily and total signups over 30 days and percentage progression compared to the previous 30 days.
- Potential Upgrades: Shows accounts that have exceeded usage limits for the period who should be contacted for upgrade to a higher plan.
- Daily API Hits: Displays the number of daily and total API hits or calls to the API over 30 days and percentage progression compared…