APIs Enable Innovative Apps And Flexibility For All Sectors Of the Air Transport Industry
Nearly every passenger flight worldwide relies on SITA technology. SITA offers communications and IT solutions across all sectors of the air transport industry (ATI), including air navigation providers, airlines, airports, governments, and ground handlers. In 2012 SITA launched the Developer.aero portal, a development resource for the airline developer community providing access to a wide range of powerful APIs to stimulate technological innovation in the field. The APIs facilitate data query and retrieval services on airline host systems, allowing developers to build in-demand apps across all technology mediums (mobile, web, tablet, kiosk, smart watch, and others) without having to worry about complex airline business operations.
SITA sees the adoption of APIs as key for the industry to take advantage of emerging technologies, develop new distribution channels in conjunction with existing …
Looking Forward to The Next “Transportation Miracle”
We’re proud to announce 3SCALE as the official API partner of the Smart Transportation & Energy accelerator — Startupbootcamp in Berlin. We’ll provide assistance to the eleven startup teams chosen for this accelerator program and be their partners in all things API. This includes design, technology, strategy, marketing, and adoption — essentially an effort to provide them every advantage in their endeavors. As part of this we’re sponsoring the
It is all over the tech news – transportation service provider Uber launched their API. That means Uber now allows programmable access to their core services including passing a destination address to the Uber app, display pickup times, fare estimate provision, and trip history access. More services are to come. Clearly, this move allows Uber to tap into a range of new opportunities.
By opening their services via APIs, Uber addresses the following API Economy use cases:
1. Developing Massive Reach By providing an API, Uber makes the critical move from being a service to becoming a platform provider. The benefit being that Uber can leverage network effects and access a multitude of new channels by doing so. As Gartner vice president Nick Jones t…
There is currently a lot of momentum in the travel, transportation and logistics sector with respect to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). More and more often, non-technical companies see the opportunities that lie in APIs to revive existing revenue sources or establish new ones. A very comprehensive article on ProgrammableWeb.com laid out the current status and opportunities that APIs can provide to the travel, transportation and logistics sector. Also noted is the massive potential and interest from cities to transform into Smart Cities. The article mentions many ex…
The 21st and 22nd of February 2013 was the first edition of the API Strategy & Practice conference in NYC.
- 370 Attendees
- 75+ Speakers: Laura Merling (@magicmerl), Jeff Lawson (@jeffiel), John Musser(@johnmusser), Daniel Jacobson(@daniel_jacobson), Peter Orlowsky (@porlowsky), John Sheehan (@johnsheehan), Albert Wenger (@albertwenger) and many more!!
- 25+ Sponsors: Alcatel-Lucent, Intel, Swagger, Nginx, Mashape, Ping Identity…
We are looking forward to the next API Strategy conference!! As soon…
Senda selects 3scale SaaS API Management Infrastructure to Distribute Chronomove API for LBS Developers
Sustainable Mobility Software Leader Senda Fuels Next Generation Location Based Services via 3scale
NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwire – May 24, 2011) – Senda, a leading provider of sustainable mobility software and 3scale, a leading platform in API Management SaaS for managing, monetizing and distributing APIs, today announced the launch of Chronomove API for developers of social location based services. Chronomove is available through 3scale
Chronomove API offers a comprehensive set of services including:
- Conversational event alert and discovery: on-the-go alert, discovery and conversation on local events, including shopping deals and transport alerts.
- Multi-modal mobility: seamless door-to-door information and guidance using a combination of transport modes including pedestrian, public transport, bicycle, car, and taxis. User preferences on time, cost, and ca…